Loose skin is one of the most dreaded symptoms associated with aging. It tends to develop as a result of the cumulative damage that the skin sustains while protecting the rest of the body from the sun, wind, bacteria, viruses and countless other harmful substances.
The problem with this damage is that it’s incredibly difficult to treat. In the past, the best way to reverse loose skin has been through surgical treatment, which exposes the patient to everything from discomfort to a risk of infection.
Non-surgical skin tightening stands as a new type of treatment for reversing loose skin. It aims to treat the underlying causes of loose skin without the need for surgery, which provides some unique benefits to the patient.
What is Non-Surgical Skin Tightening?
Non-surgical skin tightening can take many forms. Various techniques are emerging designed to treat the same thing: loose skin.
The trick to understanding how these treatments work is to realize that they all utilize some sort of energy transmittance to create heat in the collagen layers of the skin. This heat destroys “loose” collagen cells while stimulating blood flow, which starts the healing process. Once the healing has begun, the skin tends to become tighter.
What are the Benefits?
There are a number of unique benefits associated with non-surgical skin tightening. These tend to align with the unique methods by which these treatments tighten the skin. These benefits include:
- Avoiding lengthy recoveries – Non-surgical skin tightening avoids uncomfortable recoveries by instigating gradual healing that occurs at a cellular level. This combines with the precise amount of tissue affected to minimize the effects of recovery, which allows you to continue your life while you recover.
- Brief appointments — Most treatment sessions involving non-surgical skin tightening will last under 30 minutes.
- Gradual healing – The healing associated with non-surgical treatments occurs gradually, which leads to results that neither look dramatic nor unnatural. This leads to more satisfactory results, which may be the kind that are unobtainable using other types of treatments for loose skin.
- Long-lasting results – Non-surgical skin tightening treatments aim to change the collagen deep beneath the skin. This results in gradual improvements that, unlike the improvements creams and ointments can bring, tend to last for years.
- Compatibility with other treatments – Unique to non-surgical skin tightening is its ability to complement other treatments. This procedure can result in mild improvements that facial fillers and other non-surgical treatments can take to the next level.
Is Non-Surgical Treatment Right for Your Loose Skin?
Loose skin is a common complaint. It can make you look years older than you are, which can change how everyone, yourself included, sees you.
Non-surgical skin tightening offers a unique way to gradually heal your skin. This process can help cases of minor to moderate skin degeneration. This may be just what your appearance needs to appear youthful and beautiful like you deserve.
To learn more about your non-surgical skin tightening options, visit Pinnacle Dermatology in Birmingham. Dr. David Spurlin can diagnose your needs while using his extensive experience to match you with the best treatment for reaching your goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.